© Summerland & District Credit Union 2020
Summerland Financial Services
FINANCIAL HEALTH STARTS WITH A PLAN.
About Summerland Financial Services Ltd.
Summerland Financial Services is the wholly owned wealth management and financial planning subsidiary of Summerland Credit Union. Summerland Finanical Services provides a wide range of investment and insurance options for individuals and business owners.
We have a full range of services and products to help you including; TFSA’s, RRIFs, RRSP’s, annuities, segregated funds, insurance products, managed portfolios and managed products.
The benefits of financial planning with Plan 360°
Plan 360° is the process we use to provide our clients with consultative financial planning.
We use the financial planning process recommended by FP Canada, the certification body for CFP’s. It’s a process of consultation with you the member to determine your priorities and how we might best help you arrange your finances to meet those priorities and critical events.
The Plan 360° Advantage
Plan 360° properly aligns your values and what's important to you and your capital. The process is available to all members and ranges from simple to complex needs. Using the Plan 360° process results in members finding more time and resources dedicated to what's essential to them, both now and in the future.
You do not pay for this service. As a member of the Summerland Credit Union, you have free access to Plan 360°.
Certified Financial Planner, Mark Pike, is our Plan 360° Director and will lead you through this interactive process. Mark has over 30 years of experience working successfully with clients whose needs have grown past basic savings products and require a more consultative approach to financial planning.
Going through this process can uncover financial benefits for our clients that they hadn't considered or discovered using other forms of financial planning. After following through on recommendations, clients often become advocates for the organization and the Plan 360° process.
10 Standards for Making Financial Recommendations
1. We always act in the members’ best interest.
2. We approach financial planning in a holistic manner including discussions about retirement, investments, risk management, legacy planning and the use of insurance products.
3. We have access to a full range of managed products to solve your needs.
4. We consider the long term track record of investments of solid, well known companies to be important in the recommendation.
5. We insist on completion of an investor profile questionnaire prior to investing.
6. We review your financial picture with you from time to time to check on investment suitability.
7. We recommend 4 and 5 Star Morningstar rated funds in concert with our other standards.
8. We review the Fund Facts document prior to investing to provide full disclosure.
9. We do not charge up front fees for most transactions nor use deferred fees of any kind.
10. We are paid from the investment management fee which is fully disclosed to you.
Life can change in a second. We can help you make sure you and your family are prepared.
We offer a variety of insurance solutions for whole life, term life, disability, critical illness and more. Contact Summerland Financial for more information on how to get you the best coverage for your budget.
Mark Pike CFP, FMA
My wife and I have made the Okanagan our home for the last 25 years. We’ve met many wonderful people and have made some great, lifelong friendships. We enjoy gardening, music and volunteering together, while I still manage to play hockey now and again. We really appreciate the lifestyle available to people here in the Okanagan and so we often make our home available for family and friends to enjoy. Our two sons are raising their families in the Lower Mainland and visit often.
For our members who I appreciate so much, I bring to you over 30 years of financial planning experience to help you make good decisions on important financial matters. The Credit Union in Summerland is such a great place to work and help others and I’m excited about the opportunity to help you.
*Mutual funds and securities related financial planning services are offered through Qtrade Asset Management Inc., Member of MFDA.